The Role and Responsibilities of the Treasurer
The Treasurer ASADA is primarily responsible for the holding and accounting for the funds
of the Association.
His specific duties include the following: -
- The receipt of registration fees from member Clubs at home and abroad together with any income accruing to the Association.
- The disbursement of funds as directed by the Chairman and Executive Committee.
- The maintenance of an Army Book 397 in accordance with the Service Funds regulations and the operation of Bank Accounts as required.
- The provision annually of an Army Form N1514 together with all supporting ledgers, statements and vouchers to enable the accounts to be audited.
- The provision of advice to member Clubs on sources of funds, methods of application for major and minor grants from the Nuffield Trust.
- The provision of advice to Clubs on the funding of expeditions.
- Control of stock, including ties, plaques, statues, etc.
- Maintenance of the ASADA equipment account.
- Produce a statement of income and expenditure for each Executive Committee meeting and the Annual General Meeting.
- In conjunction with the Regional Focus representatives, produce a combined list of all registered ASADA Clubs.
He / she is to be a member of the ASADA Executive Committee and is to attend the AGM and all other ASADA Committee meetings.