Expedition Officer - Steve
The Expeditions Officer is responsible providing advice to Army and
Army led joint services expeditions.
His/her specific responsibilities include the following: -
- Keep a folder of useful documents (dives deeper than 40m, ATF(A), ITF(A), SADS List etc) and maintain an e-copy on the ASADA Web
- Liaison with G7 PATs in Divisions
- Monitor allocation of overseas slots
- Maintain a register of SADS and assist Expeds in finding SADS and Instructors and other suitably qualified divers
- Submit Expedition Reports to the ASADA Committee for consideration in the selection of the Best Exped Report Award
- When detailed by the Chairman of the Executive Committee, visit designated Joint Services Diving facilities
He / she is to be a member of the ASADA Executive Committee and is to attend the AGM and all other ASADA Committee meetings.
Steve is a young 46 years of
age and has been diving since 2000. Other than the UK and Mainland Europe he has
supported expeditions and dived in places such as Ascension Islands, Truk
Lagoon, Australia, Vancouver Island, Crete, Malta, Thailand, and Red Sea to name
a few. He has over 1100 logged dives and is a qualified
,a Joint Services SADS as well as being an
SDI and TDI Instructor and
PADI Divemaster. As a Closed Circuit Re-breather and Adv
Trimix Diver Steve's main diving interests are deep wrecks and only recently
Cave Diving having
been privileged to attend the first ever Army Cave Diving Expedition to France
in 2008 and subsequently the 2nd Army Exped to Florida in 2009. Steve previously worked as the Germany Regional Focus between 2005 and
2007. When he is not diving he works at TELFORD as a Quartermaster.